Sunday, January 23, 2011

~~45 Weeks~~

45 weeks old!!!! In 7 weeks and one day, our precious miracle baby will be one year old!!! WOW!! What a whirlwind of a year! We thought, once we finally got home from NNICU, that the one-year mandatory house-bound requirement woudl be HORRIBLE and feel like ETERNITY. But it hasn't! It's been wonderful. It has flown by in the blink of an eye. It's really been nice to have an excuse to make us stay at home. Having followed doctors' orders, we have kept our little man perfectly healthy. He has thrived in an amazing way since March 14, 2010, and we are eternally grateful for God blessing us with him. Although I feel ridiculous, I STILL, probably more so now than when this journey began, cry when anyone asks about Reed. I feel so crazy since he's perfectly healthy and about to turn one year old. I am not a sharer of emotions, and I think all the pent-up emotion has finally begun to leak out....each time I talk about Reed. I, and very few others, know exactly how bad this journey was when it began. I was there every minute of every day, praying for my baby to make progress in the direction of healing. I was on the roller coaster ride that took two steps forward and, on very few occasions, one step back. Enough of my blubbering...

We are having a first birthday party for Reed. We are also combining it with a "Meet the World" party. So many of you faithful prayer warriors have never seen Reed other than in pictures. I'd love to have this opportunity for all of you to be able to see the fruits of your prayers in person. We will have the party on March 19, at the Activities Center of First Methodist Church. I'm not exactly sure on the time yet, but it will be in the afternoon. We would be so honored for each of you to join us as we celebrate a modern-day miracle.

I'll close with some random pics from the past week  I hope each of you has a wonderfully blessed week, and take the time to find those small, often ignored blessings that God gives us each and every day of our lives.


 One of my favorite places to be - riding my roller coaster!!!
 Let the torture begin! Anna put me in her baby doll stroller! HELP!!!


Enough already!!! Get me out! I'm so over this!!! MOMMY!!!

Much love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment