Monday, August 8, 2011

SLOW DOWN!!!

SLOW DOWN!!! Life is passing me by. I need it to SLOW DOWN!!! I can't keep up with everything going on around me when I'm sedated for most of the summer! GEEZ!!! Now it's time for another school year to start. GAH!!!

Okay, let's catch up. Reed had surgery to put tubes in his ears. Surgery went great and he didn't miss a beat! However, he abhors the wax plugs we have to put in his ears for bath time and swimming. :)

I had surgery to lower my left knee cap on July 18. It was an excruciating surgery. I was doing great with physical therapy and getting back to normal life..... And then.... 2 weeks and 1 day after surgery (last Tuesday), my leg broke. It literally BROKE. My bone came apart where it was screwed back together in surgery on July 18. I stepped on it and it literally crumbled under me. I got to ER at TRMC for xrays and pain shot. Then off we went to Phenix City to let Dr. Waldrop fix it again. I had surgery Wednesday to put my leg back together. This time they put 3 sets of screws and 4-pronged staple thingies in to hold bone together, in addition to wrapping it in wire. The first time they put only 2 sets of screws and 4-pronged staple thingies......and that didn't work. :) Now I'm in a brace with steel rods from my hip to my ankle 24 hours a day. Sleep is a very hard thing to do with the brace on my leg.

Now we're back on schedule of waiting for a donor femur to be located to fix my right knee. Hopefully, I'll have time to let my left knee heal completely before this next surgery.

And now it's time for another school year to begin.....  Today I went to my endocrinilogist appointment that I've waited ALL summer for. I absolutely loved the doctor. She was very personable and spent lots of time trying to explain things. We already knew that my thyroid is way out of whack with my Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroid disease being in a major flare up. However, she also said I'm in menopause after having my hysterectomy last year. Yes, menopause at 34! She's checking my thyroid hormone as well as my estrogen. Most likely will adjust/change my thyroid medicine and add hormones to level out estrogen issues pending bloodwork they did today. FINALLY, I may actually start feeling like me again!!!

The girls are excited to see who their teachers are for this year. We will meed them tomorrow. This has definitely been a roller coaster summer for our family. Two summers in a row have been crazy. Hopefully, next summer will be a restful and relaxing summer. However, we have to make it through another school year first! 

No pictures today. Reed is hard to catch now that he is walking.....fast and furious! It's more than a full time job keeping up with him. He's finally reached 20 pounds!!! Now if we can just get him to TALK!!!!

Life is so precious...every minute of it. Take time to enjoy the blessings you are showered with each day, and give thanks for all you've been blessed with.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment