Sunday, November 7, 2010

~7 Days of Thanks & 34 Weeks Old~

Today I'm thankful for an all-knowing Father who knows our needs even before we do. He protects us and provides for us. He carries us through the tough times when we turn to Him. I don't know how I would have survived our 52 days in Macon NNICU without Him. All of the prayers that were lifted to Him on behalf of Reed and for us as his parents definitely made a difference. I believe with my whole heart that we would not have our Reed today if it weren't for us, as his parents, totally turning him over to the Healing Father and turning to Him to get us through our dark days. I also believe that the prayers lifted up by so many of you magnified our pleas to God to heal our son. God definitely used Reed's crisis to work on others who needed to see something to make them believe in our Healing Father. I, as a mommy, cannot fathom knowingly and willingly sending any of my children to die on a cross....how that would have felt. I am so thankful that Our Father was willing to do that for us, His Children. Thank You, Lord, for giving Your Son for our sins.

Reed will be 34 weeks old in a few short hours. Of course, I have gobs of pics to share. :)  I cannot begin to tell you the depth of the happiness and joy he has brought to our lives. Not that all other babies don't do the same, but with Reed it all goes so much deeper because of his situation.

He is trying to sit up now. However, he has quite a belly to maneuver around, so he has a little trouble holding it up for long. :) Thank God for that belly, and every roll on his body!!! He still LOVES his bath time. I'm not sure who ended up getting more wet tonight....him or me..... 

The Thanksgiving season is here, and it will be so much more powerful this year with all the thanks we have to give! I hope your life has many thanks to give in this season of Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all of you who continue to care and want to keep up with Reed's progress. You inspire me to continue this blog. We can't wait until we can share him with the world at his one-year birthday party!!! We are 2/3 of the way there!












Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment