Sunday, November 28, 2010

So much to be thankful for.....

It's hard to believe that our roller coaster ride started 37 weeks ago today. WOW!!! We truly had so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season. We enjoyed an awesome day with family and food. :) I prepared the food ahead of time since surgery was scheduled for Monday. This made Thanksgiving day so calm...all that needed to be done was put it all in the oven. Definitely the way to go! No stress!

We had church directory pictures made the day before Halloween, and they showed up Wednesday. How exciting! Perfect timing to use one of them as our Christmas card pic!!! Which, by the way, are in the mail! Go me!!!

Surgery was....well, surgery. It has definitely put me down this week....a lot more than I thought from four small cuts in my stomach. I did pretty good Tuesday and Wednesday, but really overdid it Thursday. Therefore, was in bed all day Friday. Up all day Saturday led to being in bed all day today. Definitely not ready to go back to work yet....hopefully ready by next Monday. Wayne, as always, has been a wonderful nurse, husband, father, etc. He takes such good care of me. :) Dr. Asbury was wonderful in the OR, as usual. Hoping for a good one-week checkup tomorrow when I see her.

As we have made it so quickly to 37 weeks, I have begun thinking about Reed's ONE-YEAR BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! It will be here before we know it. I can't wait!!! This will be his first experience with THE WORLD! Definitely going to plan a big bash for this boy!

I'm including our church pics as well as pics from Reed's 37-week birthday today. I look back over pics from the very beginning, and cannot get over what a miracle our baby is. As we enter the Christmas season, we have had the honor of witnessing a modern day miracle. How awesome!!! Christmas will take on a whole different meaning this year in our house...and many others around the world who have been involved in our journey.
















Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment