Thursday, January 12, 2012

~2012~ What will you bring our way????

On December 29, 2011, I began to live again. Up to that point, I was not sure I'd make it through this last surgery and recovery. Not a sufferer of depression, I was so there! Excruciating pain was miserable to endure. This time I actually took pain meds and had to rent a TENS unit for shock therapy to get any minute amount of relief. Life began again for me on 12-29-11, when I was actually able to get out of bed, get showered and dressed, and run a few errands. I've been in high gear since then!

Work started back this past Monday. It has been a long and exhausting week trying to get back into the routine of working and being out of bed for an entire day. I'm definitely having to build up my stamina again. I even walked a 12-minute mile on the treadmill Monday afternoon. :)

I'm super excited to celebrate my baby boy's 22-month birthday on Saturday. It's so hard to believe that he will be 2 in 2 short months. What a whirlwind these last 2 years have been!

We also get to celebrate Sara's first show choir competition this weekend. After MANY grueling hours of practice, the girls finally get to compete tomorrow. Busy weekend.... Confirmation also begins for Sara this weekend at church. She will participate in classes and trips over the next 3 months in preparation for her joining of the church in April. I'm so very excited to be able to experience this with my baby. It's so very hard to believe she is old enough to do this already! I covet your prayers for Sara and the other 6th graders as they go through this journey over the next 3 months. I'm even more excited that she chose my grandparents to be her mentors. What a wonderful experience this will be for her and for my grandparents!

Report cards are out for 2nd 9 weeks, and I couldn't be more proud of both girls for their exceeding grades in all areas. They truly make us proud with their school performance.

Dance is kicking into high gear in preparation for recital. This is always a busy time as the dancers begin to polish their performances to prepare for dance recital This is when the girls get most excited!

Mommy has truly had to JUMP back into life at full speed with all the extra-curricular activities kicking back in. :) I'm happy to be busy running around after school providing taxi services for my girls because it means they are busy doing the things they love.

Despite all the storms that have occurred in the past 2 years, we have been abundantly blessed. Reed's beginning was so very traumatic and scary but has turned out amazingly. This past year, 2011, has had 5 surgeries for me in 6 months and 1 for Reed. Despite all the surgeries, I ended 2011 feeling the best I've felt in a year. Our prayer is for a quiet, fairly uneventful 2012. :) I'm so very ready to have a boring year to make up for all the drama of the past 2 years for our family.

My prayer for you is that you are each blessed abundantly in 2012. I pray that God continues to bless you and your family. He has been so very faithful and true to carry us through all the storms we have weathered over the past 2 years. I pray that you each turn to Him in times of need. He will be there and carry you through if You will reach out to Him.

Much love to you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment