Friday, December 23, 2011

Oh, the weather outside is... CHRISTMAS????

It's so hard to believe that Christmas is less than 48 hours away!! It feels like mid-spring!! At least we aren't dependent upon the weather making the holiday. The true reason we celebrate this wonderful holiday is with us through every season!

A quick update: I saw my original surgeon on Tuesday in Albany. My extreme pain in my left leg was simply from overuse.....having to use crutches and being unable to put any weight on my right leg. He also checked my right leg, which he said looked beautiful. The bone graft was only visible to those who knew it was there. Things are growing together nicely..... Even though the pain is still very intense. Being told that I COULD put some weight on my right leg, I walked out of the doctor's office without crutches and haven't looked back. Yes, the pain is intense. Yes, I am VERY slow. Yes, I get tired very quickly. BUT, I can WALK with TWO LEGS!!! Today has been the hardest day - with most intense pain. I'm sure it has something to do with overdoing it since Tuesday. I am off all pain meds.....the side effects far outweigh the benefits! I have a long way to go before I can run again, but I'll get there. :)

I thought I would go NUTS being home with nothing to work on to occupy my time. However, I have caught up on lots of much needed sleep and spent lots of time snuggling with my little fellow. :) I have missed out on all Christmas festivities for my kids, but friends took pics to allow me the enjoyment of at least seeing them.

Now, Christmas holidays are ready to begin. Having rested, it's time for me to start working! :) I have to focus on building up my stamina to be able to go back to work on January 9th, when our holidays end.

As we quickly approach Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, I start to think of all the blessings He has showered us with during the past year. It would be too easy to focus on all that seemed to go wrong in 2011, but in spite of all the bad there was so much good. Despite the economy, the state of our nation, and so many other bad things, we are blessed, so richly blessed. Our lives wouldn't be the same, we wouldn't be the same people, if it weren't for the trials and tribulations of each day and each year.

I'm really looking forward to watching Reed this Christmas. I'm anxious to see how he reacts. Can't wait to have some pics to share!

Merry Christmas to each of you. May God continue to richly bless you and your family in the coming year.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment