Sunday, October 10, 2010

~~30 Weeks of Joy and Blessings~~

God has abundantly blessed us in the last 30 weeks.....not that He didn't bless us before. He made us stop and take notice of His blessings 30 weeks ago, and every day since. Everything that appeared to be a terrible situation has become such a wonderful blessing. First and foremost, our precious son is perfectly healthy and growing! There could be no better outcome from his traumatic premature birth. God really showed up and showed out with Reed's birth. :) Thank you, Lord!

While in Macon with Reed, I found out that I was being transferred to another school. Having spent six years at my current school at that time, I was devastated. This on top of being in Macon fighting for Reed's life???? How much more, God? Deep down, as with the night of Reed's birth, a small voice assured me that all would be fine. Well, as in both situations, all is more than fine!! I absolutely love my new school and co-workers. My administration is so supportive and uplifting. I have never worked for such wonderful administrators. Thank you, God, for taking me out of my comfort zone and forcing me to move to a new school. As always, Lord, You knew exactly what I needed, and placed me in the right place to receive what I need.

It's hard to believe that Reed will be 7 months old on Thursday!!! He's growing so fast! He is SO EXTREMELY ACTIVE! If this is any indication of how he will be as a teenager, we are in TROUBLE!!! WOW!!!

We are supposed to go to Macon Saturday for the annual Preemie Party. I'm a little apprehensive now that the Synergist shots aren't starting until November 1st. Due to Georgia's RSV percentage only being 8% at the present time, insurance will not cover these shots until November. I'm a little worried about taking him without having this added protection.....

 Not too many shots I can share today. Daddy didn't use discretion when snapping pics during bath time. :)
Reed now LOVES bath time because he likes to SPLISH SPLASH and see what (and who) he can wet!!

Flu season has hit, as of October 1st. Anyone having contact with Reed during the next 6 months MUST have a flu shot. We are not wanting to offend anyone, and completely understand those who do not believe in getting flu shots. We must keeps Reed's health as our main focus, so we cannot let anyone in who has not had the flu shot. We still love you all, and will be super excited to visit with you after flu season ends. Only those who know what a rule breaker I am can truly understand how hard it has been for me to follow all of these strict rules of having a preemie  baby. :)  My other two babies were out at WalMart in less than a week after birth. :)  I can't wait for a time when I can take Reed everywhere and show him off to everyone!!! Patience......

My very dear friend will undergo a double mastectomy and reconstruction on Friday, and I covet your prayers for her as she endures not only the surgery, but also the physical and emotion healing that will follow. God has abundantly blessed us in the past 7 months, as I know he has all of you as well. Have you taken a moment to give thanks for all that He has blessed you with? As we enter this Thanksgiving season so quickly, I pray that each of you will take time to notice all of the little things God has blessed you with and thank Him for His graciousness. Much love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment