Tuesday, June 22, 2010

~Double Rainbows~

On a rainy day in Macon while Reed was in the NNICU, I saw a sight I had never seen before....a DOUBLE RAINBOW. Many of you may remember me posting about it on our CaringBridge site. My new friend, Krisit, and I decided that the double rainbow was for our two preemie babies, Reed and Tori Jo. I am so excited to share that Tori Jo is going home TOMORROW!!!! She has been through so much....much more than Reed had to endure. She was 14 weeks early, but has really done well through it all. She will go home on oxygen, but that is minor. To be home.....they would do anything...just as we would have in our desire to get home. Please pray for Kristi, Darin, and Tori Jo as they make their trip home to Naylor tomorrow. Pray for peace for these parents as they begin the journey that we started 7 weeks ago today. It will be difficult, but anything is possible once you finally make it home from NNICU.

Seven weeks....so hard to believe it's been 7 weeks today that we came home ourselves. I will NEVER look at a rainbow the same. God used it to bring peace to my heart that lonely day in Macon when I couldn't see an end to our stay in NNICU, and I will forever see it as a sign of hope to me. The night before Reed was born, I saw a single rainbow in Macon after eating dinner on the way home from Atlanta. The next one I saw was the double rainbow in Macon.... I'm a rainbow fan!!! The first one meant Reed would survive birth and the double one meant that Reed and Tori Jo were going home to live happy and healthy lives with their families. Thank you, Lord, for rainbows....they bring us hope and peace. What are you thankful for today????
Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment