Friday, June 4, 2010

Today's the day~~~ Ultrasound

Reed has his follow up ultrasound at 8:00 this morning. We are confident that nothing has changed from the last ultrasound done in Macon. I think this is just like a FINAL ultrasound proving that the original brain bleed is completely gone, which they said it was in Macon. God has truly blessed us abundantly since this journey began .... almost 12 weeks ago. We fully expect He will bless us with a clean ultrasound tomorrow. Pray with us in anticipation of a great ultrasound.

I passed a sign yesterday somewhere in town.....can't remember where.... it read "God gives us tough times to teach us TRUST." As a family, both biological families and our family of friends, we have SO seen the truth in this statement over the last 12 weeks. When I had NOTHING else to hold on to, I was FORCED to TRUST that God would carry us through the plan He had for Reed's life. ME...... the one who has to handle everything and be in charge at all times...... I had to TRUST that someone was more capable of handling the situation than I. Boy, am I glad I turned my baby over to the one true HEALER, who had in His plan to - not just heal my baby - but totally rescue him from all of the side effects that MEDICALLY he should have endured. Reed came out of his HUMANLY HOPELESS situation UNSCATHED by any of the ill effects that we were warned about and set up to expect to have to endure.

I have said many times on Caringbridge and to many of you in person, I am NOT one to share my feelings or my faith.....especially to this extent. I have really put my feelings and faith out there during this journey....and I won't say it's been easy. However, when God puts it on your heart to share......it's very hard to ignore......therefore I'm up at 4 a.m. updating our blog and asking for your prayers as we have this repeat ultrasound.

I have seen a change in myself through this journey. Things that used to occupy my time with stress and worry no longer matter. For example, between unpaid maternity leave days and furlough days, my pay has been cut $9,000 for the past school year. This would normally stress me to the max because I am so particular with our finances. Right now, there is something (3 of them actually) so much more important needing my attention. God knew all of this would play out exactly this way. He knew there would be furlough days and He knew I didn't have enough sick leave to cover a 10 week maternity leave. He knew all of that and still needed this plan to be carried out..... Why then should I worry about how finances will work out? God's got it under control...... FAITH.....TRUST.... This is what brought us through our darkest hours with Reed when he was first born, and this is what will see us through any other bump we may encounter in our journey - be it financial, medical, or whatever. Who are we to question the plans God has laid out for our lives? He will bring us through whatever He brings us to....and He has so graciously shown us, the Putnals, that He is true to the word. He will NOT give us more than we can handle.....even when WE think we're at our rope's end. I've always known I was strong, but I would have never imagined I would be able to endure all that we have in the past 12 weeks.....and there is only ONE explanation - GOD.

Today, I'm thankful for tough times that DO teach us to TRUST God. We all need a wake up call on occasion to put our lives back into perspective. All it takes is faith the size of a mustard seed.......  What have you been blessed with today? Enjoy your Friday and have a relaxing weekend.

It's hard to believe my Sara is turning 10 on Saturday!!!! We will be celebrating all weekend.....guess we'll relax next week. HA!
Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment